A list of rules to help set expectations for conduct at the table. This is different from house rules.
- Missing characters: How do we want to handle when someone can’t make it to session? We could 1) have another player handle the character, 2) Make up a story reason for the character not being there, or 3) have the character fade into the background (no story reason…the character just vanishes for that session).
- Character talk
- Talk in character: Most of what players say should be in character. Make it clear if you’re saying something out of character.
- You have to be there: No advice or other information sharing if your character isn’t there or is unconscious.
- Prepare: Be ready for your turn in combat. After a reasonable amount of time, if you haven’t acted, your character delays. We’ll probably nail down that time period after a few sessions (once we’re all familiar with the rules).
- Dice rolling:
- On the floor: Reroll dice that fall on the floor.
- Cocked: Reroll dice that don’t fall flat on the table.
- Rule debates: At first we’re going to be looking up rules a lot, since we’re all new to these rules. But let’s try to limit rule debates. If we can’t settle something pretty quickly, we’ll move on with the game and come back to the matter later.